We recommend to be as prepared as possible:
1. Check your country's travel restrictions & warnings for safety precautions.
2. Obtain the correct Visa (if you need one).
3. Book Travel Insurance
4. Arrange your transportation to the Organization (including flights). Consider how you will be getting from the main city to the actual Organization.
5. Make sure to confirm specifics with the Organization (fees/donations), and note whether they are providing food and/or accommodation.
6. Be aware if there is anything specific you need to bring (perhaps your laptop?).
7. Take a trip to your local travel doctor to check on your health and whether you need any vaccinations.
We have great posts regarding travel tips, specific destinations and more in our blog.
You can also check out our GivingWay Volunteer & Travel Advice Facebook Group.