After you are approved by the Organization, don't fly in blind.
The list that follows is a general outline in order to help you prepare for your trip and it includes a wide range of things to consider before "Confirming Arrival" with the Organization.
1. Check your country's travel restrictions & warnings for safety precautions.
2. Obtain the correct Visa (if you need one).
3. Book Travel Insurance
4. Arrange your transportation to the Organization (including flights). Consider how you will be getting from the main city to the actual Organization.
5. Make sure to confirm specifics with the Organization (fees/donations), and note whether they are providing food and/or accommodation.
6. Be aware if there is anything specific you need to bring (perhaps your laptop?).
7. Take a trip to your local travel doctor to check on your health and whether you need any vaccinations.
Flying to Peru? Traveling through Cambodia? Our blog might have a guide with great tips.
We also suggest checking if there are any other GivingWay volunteers heading to the Organization or that area around the same time.
Feel free to post on our Discussion board here: https://www.givingway.com/search_discussion_post.give
Check out our Volunteer Group on Facebook: