We recommend to be as prepared as possible:
1. Check your country's travel restrictions & warnings for safety precautions.
2. Obtain the correct visa (if you need one).
3. Book a travel insurance.
4. Arrange your transportation to the organization (including flights). Consider how you will be getting from the main city to the actual organization.
Tip: Some organizations help with the transportation from and to the airport- you can check with them.
5. Make sure to confirm specifics with the organization (fees/donations), and note whether they are providing food and/or accommodation.
6. Be aware if there is anything specific you need to bring (perhaps your laptop?).
7. Visit your local travel doctor to check on your health and whether you need any vaccinations.
We have great posts regarding travel tips, specific destinations and more in our blog.
You can also join our GivingWay Volunteer & Travel Advice Facebook Group.